March 2, 2012

Teething Troubles

Having your teeth slice through your gums does not have an "oh fun!" ring to it. Maybe it's just me, but I think the rest of baby-kind agrees with me. I know my son does. He is teething again which also means he wants to be held frequently, nights are long, and I feel guilty giving my son Tylenol or using Baby Orajel all the time. In my moments of desperation I have found two solutions that have worked every time for me. They are...

CELERY!
(be sure that the celery stick is not too narrow or they could end up gagging themselves. I keep a bunch of these in a bag in my fridge, grab one when he's fussy, hand it to him and Voila! baby contentment! When he is done with it I'll usually just wash it off and stick it back in the bag because he does hardly any damage to the things most of the time. I think this one probably wouldn't work as well with baby's with more than two teeth because they might actually be able to get some of the celery broken off and possibly choke, so KEEP A GOOD EYE ON THEM!!)



And...

FROZEN WAFFLES!
(Yes, my baby is eating an Eggo. These obviously stay in the freezer and I grab one, break it in half and hand it to him.  He happily scarfs it down. As he chews on it it gets softer and mushier and I haven't had any choking or gagging issues with this at all. DO NOT GIVE THEM LITTLE BITS OF FROZEN WAFFLE. That I'm pretty sure would cause choking issues. It does crumble a bit as they go so it's a good idea to have them in a high chair or somewhere else easily cleaned.)

Leggo my Eggo!

Seriously, these have worked EVERY time, but that's just my baby. Let me know if it works for yours!! Keeping your sanity while your little one is teething? Oh, you got this!

No comments:

Post a Comment